source link Commercial Framing Workshop
The purpose of a Framing workshop is to ensure an aligned understanding of the opportunity and robust commercial challenge, leading to an agreed recommendation on the commercial way forward.
The workshop typically comprises a ½ to 1 day workshop (plus preparation time) for key Client stakeholders, tailored to a specific deal.
Commercial Framing Elements
- Confirming the Deal Team – roles, accountabilities and Governance.
- Defining Success, identifying Key Drivers, agreeing Boundary Conditions and capturing Key Risks.
- Identifying key stakeholders (internal and external), engagement planning and sequencing.
- Reviewing possible deal structures (marketing / bid consideration choices), pros and cons.
- Assessing the market environment and potential bidder groups or potential competitors.
- Applying all of the above to develop a robust commercial strategy, deal timeline and assurance process.
Marketing Specific Elements
- Understanding Data Room options (physical, electronic, both), their strengths and weaknesses.
- Identifying key roles and responsibilities.
- Marketing – fully articulating the upside, selling the vision, defining the Customer Value Proposition, ensuring staff stay on message.
- Guidance for preparation of the Flyer, Information Memorandum, Data Room presentation etc.
- Data Room opening – legal and logistical issues
- Bid timing issues.
- Commercial / legal interfaces.
- Bid opening procedures, handling late bids.
- Agreeing key terms.
- Exchange, Completion issues.